Standing Up to POTS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization run exclusively by volunteers. Our volunteers play a vital role in helping us to promote our mission: to improve quality of life for people with POTS through research, advocacy, and support. Volunteers who spend even 1-2 hours a month would make a huge difference in what Standing Up to POTS can do. Many hands make light work!
Raise Awareness by Sharing Your Story
Our Website. Share your story with others via our website. You can look at our POTS profile page for examples of past submissions. If you are interested, write your story, find a good picture (<200 KB please) and then fill out this form.
The POTScast. Tell our podcast listeners about your personal experience with POTS in a 20-30 minute interview to help us raise awareness about the diversity of symptoms, quality of life, and treatments for POTS patients.
- POTS Diaries is for POTS Patients or their family members who wish to share their personal POTS journey. DUE TO HIGH RESPONSE RATE, we have had to CLOSE THE DIARIES for now.
- POTS Practitioners is for healthcare practitioners specializing in the treatment of POTS and associated disorders
- POTS Matters is for Experts in Fields that Might Benefit the POTS Community. These experts are not practitioners, but have some professional advice that might help folks in the POTS community.
- Suggestion Box! Do you have an idea for an episode of The POTScast or a healthcare practitioner that you would like to nominate to be a guest on the show? Please submit your ideas!
Social Media. Like, love, wow and share our content to help us raise awareness about POTS!
Fundraising to Support the Standing Up to POTS Research Fund
- Create a Birthday Fundraiser benefiting Standing Up to POTS on Social Media. Standing Up to POTS receives donations every month from fundraisers on social media created by people like you! Friends and family who want to help but don't quite know how will often donate to these fundraisers.
- Coordinating a local fundraiser to benefit the Standing Up to POTS Research Fund. Choose from a variety of options to fit your personal style as you fundraise for our organization. Standing Up to POTS is run completely by volunteers. 100% of the donations to the Research Fund will be spent on POTS research. Check out our fundraising page for helpful tips.
- Finding potential corporate sponsors. Like most nonprofit organizations, we are always looking for new streams of revenue. Identifying new potential event sponsors, opportunities for corporate donation through purchase price percentage (they donate 5% of designated sales to Standing Up to POTS), or other avenues would be greatly appreciated!
If you believe in our cause and want to be part of our team, please email us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest!