The 9th Annual Standing Up to POTS 5K/2K is October 22, 2022
We invite you to register for the in-person or virtual version of the 9th Annual Standing Up to POTS 5K/2K
Standing Up to POTS is currently offering two formats for the annual 5K/2K this year.
- In person: at the Wittenberg University Student Center in Springfield, Ohio at 11:00 a.m. on October 22, 2022. Rain or shine. Event t-shirts will be provided the morning of the 5K/2K. Walk-ins are welcome, but shirts are not guaranteed.
- Virtual event: anyplace you like at a time that suits you on that same weekend. Event t-shirts will be mailed to you within 2-3 weeks of your registration.
Both formats can use this registration link with pricing for adults 23 and older $30, and those 22 and younger $20. Event t-shirts are included in the price of registration if you choose to order one.
We are looking for wonderful businesses to sponsor this event to help us raise funds for POTS Research.
We are grateful to the wonderful businesses that sponsor this event in order. These businesses recognize the needs of the POTS community for continued research and advocacy, especially in light of the COVID pandemic. Would your business like to sponsor this event? Please click this sponsorship link to see how your business can contribute. Your donation is tax deductible.
In-person 5K/2K details
Sign in for those who are pre-registered and registration for walk-ins will begin at 10:00 a.m. in front of Wittenberg's Student Center (734 Woodlawn Ave, Springfield OH). The Morris Lounge (inside the Student Center) has been reserved for those with POTS to grab a drink, put their feet up, and meet other POTSies before the event begins. This event will occur on time regardless of weather conditions, so please dress accordingly! Strollers and wheelchairs welcome.
Map preview for 5K and 2K routes for those who want to get their mental map started!
Liability Waiver is required as you sign into the event. Please print and sign before arriving, if possible, to speed up sign-in. Copies will be available on site if needed.
Trophies will be awarded for first, second, and third place male and female 5K in-person runners.
Medals will be awarded to the top three in-person 5K finishers, both male and female, in the following age categories:
- 14 and under
- 60 and over
- POTS patients
Past 5K/2K Events
Standing Up to POTS has created a tradition of gathering together with friends and family on Wittenberg University's beautiful campus in Springfield, Ohio for our annual 5K/2K. It is a great opportunity to meet other families living with POTS, exercise, and raise awareness about this disorder. All proceeds will fund POTS research to improve the quality of life for people living with POTS right now.
- 8th Annual Standing Up to POTS 5K/2K, October 30, 2021
- 7th Annual Standing Up to POTS Virtual 5K/2K, October 17, 2020
- 6th Annual Standing Up to POTS 5K/2K, October 5, 2019
- 5th Annual Standing Up to POTS 5K/2K, October 20, 2018
- 4th Annual Standing Up to POTS 5K/2K, October 7, 2017
- 3rd Annual Standing Up to POTS 5K/2K, September 24, 2016
- 2nd Annual Standing Up to POTS 5K/2K, April 9, 2016
- Standing Up to POTS 5K, May 2, 2015