Have you ever wanted to participate in a POTS research project, but didn't know how to get involved? See if you qualify for any currently open projects right here!
Clinical trials are highly regulated by the federal government. This is a phase 2 trial, looking at both safety and efficacy of their medication in POTS patients. They are recruiting 42 post-COVID POTS patients for this trial.
United States: A clinical study of an investigational medication for adults with post–COVID-19 POTS is enrolling now.
- Requirements: 18 or older, developed POTS after COVID-19, PCR test to prove you had COVID
- Link: http://www.alphastudyforpots.com
- Sponsored by Argenx
IRB Approved Research Studies
The Institutional Review Board (IRB) is a body that reviews all protocols involving humans. Their job is to ensure that the benefits outweigh the risks for participants. These are online surveys, so you can participate from home!
Wittenberg University and Standing Up to POTS: Understanding Triggers and Symptom Load in POTS
- Requirements: 18 or older with physician diagnosed POTS
- Time to Take: 10-15 minutes
- Learn more: https://www.standinguptopots.org/POTSresearchstudy
- Researchers: Cathy Pederson, PhD (Founder of SUTP) and Rachel Wilson, PhD
University of North Carolina at Pembroke: Prevalence of Dyspnea and its Impact on Quality of Life in Dysautonomia
- Requirements: 18 or older and formal diagnosis of dysautonomia (including POTS)
- Time to take: 30 minutes once a year for three years
- Link: https://www.uncp.edu/departments/biology/shortness-breath-dysautonomia-patient-reported-outcome-study
- Researchers: Silvia Smith PhD., Courtney Alexander PhD, Crystal Walline PhD, and Andrew Latham PhD