Skip to main content

Finding an Autonomic Physician

Autonomic cardiologists and neurologists often specialize in POTS

People with dysautonomia need a good autonomic physician to oversee their care.  The following resources can help you find a good autonomic physician in your area who understands postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), or ask your doctor for a referral to a specialist close to you.

Physician Listing - DINET

Physician Listing - Dysautonomia International

How to Find a Good Doctor gives excellent general advice for what to look for when you are choosing a new physician.

Once you find a good physician, be sure that you prepare for the appointment.  Making a good impression is important, and bringing along as much information as possible will help you to hit the ground running. This is especially important when you have an invisible illness.  Check out these preparation tips.